Frequently Asked Questions

How do I enrol in the centre?

For instructions on how to enrol at West Ryde BASC please see our West Ryde Enrolments & Bookings page.

My details are the same as last year. Do I need to provide an enrolment form?

Yes, it is important that each family submits a new enrolment form during the enrolment period as it is a requirement to have an up to date enrolment form under the National Quality Framework (NQF). Since bookings are removed at the end of each year, it is important that you also submit a new booking form at the time of enrolment.

Is there a Membership Fee?

Yes, every family at West Ryde BASC is required to pay an annual membership fee when they enrol/re-enrol at the centre each year.

Please refer to our Fees & Payments  page for up to date fee information.

How much are the Centre Fees?

Please refer to our Fees & Payments page for up to date fee information.

How do I pay my fees?

Please refer to our Fees & Payments page for the different fee payment methods available for all families.

Can I pay my fees at the centre with cash or cheques?

No. West Ryde is a cashless centre which means that we cannot accept cash or cheques as a form of payment. Please see above for how to pay your fees.

How often do I get billed?

You should receive a statement once a week, from our administration office. Your statement will include details of your usage at the centre, and your total amount owing – which will include any missed payments from before the current period.

What is the Childcare Subsidy?

The Childcare Subsidy (CCS) commenced on 2nd July 2018 and replaced both the Child Care benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR).

The Government assists eligible families with their childcare fees by making a payment directly to the service (in the form of CCS) that is passed on as a fee reduction (visible on a family’s statement). Families are then required to pay the difference between the fee charged and the subsidy amount – the “GAP”.

Am I eligible for CCS?

The basic requirements that must be satisfied for an individual to be eligible to receive CCS for a child, include:

  • The child must be 13 year old or younger and not attending secondary school
  • The child must meet immunisation requirements
  • The individual, or their partner, must meet the residency requirements

To determine the CCS percentage and number of eligible hours / fortnight you will be entitled to, Centrelink reviews and assesses:

  • Family income
  • Results of an Activity test – The combined hours of Approved Activity completed each fortnight (ie work, training, study, recognised voluntary work or other recognised activities)

The number of hours the family is entitled to is based on the individual with the lowest activity test results.

  • Type of childcare service (OSHC), which determines the hourly rate cap

If you wish to estimate your CCS, please use the CCS Calculator

Click HERE for CCS Calculator >

How do I apply for CCS?

  1. Make a claim – lodge a Child Care Subsidy Claim via the MyGov website

If you do not have a MyGov account, you can create one using

If you don’t receive confirmation of your CCS Assessment, please contact Centrelink on 136150

How do I claim CCS through the Centre?

  1. Agree to the Complying Written Agreement – This is also known as enrolling at the Centre via the Webserver. PLEASE NOTE: The Guardian on the enrolment MUST be the parent who has been assessed for CCS.

In order for WRBASC Admin to make a link with Centrelink, the following information must be provided as part of the enrolment (or shortly after):

  • Guardian registered to receive CCS
  • This person’s CRN
  • This person’s DOB
  • Each child’s CRN
  • Each child’s DOB
  1. WRBASC Admin will submit a CCS Enrolment Notice to Centrelink, providing the above 5 pieces of information, along with the typical pattern of attendance, fees and session hours.

This will update your child’s CCS Enrolment status to one of the below:

Pending Eligibility

This means the family has not yet been assessed for CCS. This could be either due to:

  1. The CCS Claim not being submitted or completed;
  2. Centrelink having not completely assessed the claim;
  3. The parent that is approved for CCS (with Centrelink), is not the parent that is registered as the guardian in the OSHC system.


  • Review and determine the reason for the CCS Status being Pending Eligibility and address this reason.


 This means the 5 pieces of information provided at enrolment time or the combinations do not match the Centrelink system.


  • Review the 5 pieces of information provided and advise WRBASC Admin of any updates

Pending Confirmation

Enrolment information has been sent to CCS and the 5 pieces of information supplied match the Centrelink system. There is now a requirement to confirm the CCS Enrolment


  1. Log into your MyGov account
  2. Select Centrelink
  3. Click on the Menu (3 bars top left of the screen)
  4. Expand Childcare Subsidy
  5. Click on Enrolments – check all your children have an enrolment status of Confirmed. Action any that don’t by clicking on “Review”.

Centrelink will automatically advise CCS % reduction and number of fortnightly hours (+ withholding percentage)

What is a CRN?

A CRN is a ‘Customer Reference Number’ Centrelink uses to identify your personal record. A CRN is a 9 digit number and ends with a letter.

What is a ‘Received’ enrolment?

This means enrolment information has been sent to CCS however there is some information that is either missing or doesn’t match with Centrelink records. This is usually the CRN for the claiming parent or child / DOB.

What happens to my CCS if my child is absent?

If your child is absent, CCS is still payable but only for up to 42 absences for each child, per financial year. Please note: this number is not per claimant if you have a split family account.

In special circumstances, you may get CCS for more than 42 absence days, if supporting documents have been provided.

No CCS is payable however for any session of care that occurs:

  • after the last day a child physically attended care, or
  • before the first day a child physically attended care

Why is my child’s CCS enrolment ‘Ceased’?

When there has been no attendances for 14 Weeks, Centrelink will automatically update the Child’s CCS status to ‘Ceased’.

When Centrelink updates an enrolment to Ceased, they review the child’s submitted attendances/child’s last physical attendance at the service. Where CCS has been paid, Centrelink will automatically recover any CCS paid for absences after the child’s last attendance.

WRBASC Admin will send a new CCS enrolment to Centrelink, either the week prior to or the beginning of the week bookings recommence.

You will need to log into your MyGov account and confirm the new CCS Enrolment. This can be done by:

  1. Selecting Centrelink
  2. Clicking on the Menu (3 bars top left of the screen)
  3. Expanding Childcare Subsidy
  4. Clicking on Enrolments – Confirming each child’s CCS enrolment.

What time is breakfast at the centre?

Breakfast is held from 7am until 8:15am. Please ensure that you arrive before 8:15am if your child requires breakfast. You can view our weekly menu/s HERE

What is the procedure if I am running late to pick up my child?

We understand that sometimes there are unavoidable circumstances that may mean you will be running late to collect your child. In this circumstance, you should call the centre to notify them that you are expecting to be late and give the staff member your estimated time of arrival. Any child collected after 6:00pm will incur a $20 fee for the first 10 minutes and $10 for every 5 minutes onwards.

If a child is not collected by 7:00pm and no contact can be made with parents or emergency contacts, then staff members are to place the child under the supervision of a carer organised by the Supervisor. This may be a staff member of DOCS, or the Police, or a member of the Management Committee.

What do I do if my child can’t attend BASC?

If your child is booked in for a session at BASC, parents are to mark their child absent using the My Family lounge app on their phone.

If the centre is not notified of a child’s absence prior to the commencement of a session, a non-notification fee of $15.00 will be charged. 

My child has started in Kindergarten and is new to the centre. How will my child get to and from school and OOSH?

In Term One, we try to ensure that the transition to school is as easy as possible for our Kindergarten children. In the morning sessions, the Kindergarten children are walked to their classroom with a staff member, until we feel they are ready to go by themselves. In the afternoon sessions, the Kindergarten children are picked up from their classrooms and walked to the Centre with a staff member.